What is in a cookie?
This Site Uses:
ExpressionEngine 2.x cookies
Sets the datetime that the user last visited the site, and is set for both guests and logged in users. If not set, is automatically set to 10 years ago. Affects guests and logged in users.
Tracks the last 5 pages viewed by the user, and is used primarily for redirection after logging in etc. Affects guests and logged in users.
Every time the state is updated (the page reloaded) the last activity is set to the current datetime. Used to determine expiry. This is essential for logged in users, but not for guests - it is set for both.
A uniquely generated ID that corresponds to the session_id column in the exp_session table. Used when cookie and session are set as the session type. Used only for logged in members.
Matches the unique_id field in the exp_members table. Randomly generated by the functions class at registration. Used only for logged in members.
The encrypted password of the currently logged in user. Set if you choose the cookies and session ID method for sessions (cs in your config.) Used only for logged in members.
A flag set by the user to determine if they are listed in the online users.
Determines the length of the session for a logged in user. There are two options for this cookie: if the user has selected remember me then it is set to 1 year, and if not then it’s set to the datetime that the user logged in. Used only for logged in members.
_ga Google Analytics
- uid Add this Uniquely assigned machine-generated user ID
- di/dt Add this: Maintenance cookies that help manage expiration for other cookies
- bt Add this: User interest modeling
- uvc Add this: Measures how often we see an AddThis user
- ssc/psc/uvc - Add this: These cookies are used in recording user sharing and social activity
- loc - Add this: Geolocation, used to help publishers know approximately where people sharing information are located. (State level)